Grievance Policy & Procedures
G.R.A.C.E. will have resident rights at the residence and disclosed per our program policies. G.R.A.C.E. will have Grievance Policy forms at the residence for residents to fill out and submit to G.R.A.C.E. without punishment or judgement. Every resident will be supplied with a Grievance Form in the program binder they are given at intake. G.R.A.C.E. is responsible for providing resident with a safe and supportive environment for residents to grow, build, and develop a recovery way of life. If G.R.A.C.E. is not providing that quality of care, any resident has the right to file a grievance. All residents will have access to the G.R.A.C.E. grievance form and FARR contact information in each residence and a link on G.R.A.C.E.’s website that can be accessed at any time.
If a resident files a grievance to G.R.A.C.E. about a staff member, the Operations Manager will have a conversation with the staff member. Depending on the circumstances and nature of the grievance, the following can be taken as a course of action by G.R.A.C.E.:
- Verbal warning discussion/mediation providing a solution to move forward.
- Probation/Suspension of the staff member's duties w/ training and supervision by the Operations Manager.
- Termination of employment.
A resident filing a grievance against the staff member will have anonymity due to the safety of each party. G.R.A.C.E. and staff will advise that residents speak with the house manager, peers, and the Operations Manager about their concerns so that G.R.A.C.E. can correct these grievances and concerns. If it hasn't been addressed, G.R.A.C.E. staff is to have residents fill out the grievance form at any time. If residents feel G.R.A.C.E. did not address the concerns and meet the needs of the residents, they may contact the accrediting body The Florida Association of Recovery Residences and they will act as the arbiter of their concerns.
- All G.R.A.C.E. staff members will have access to grievance forms and website link at all times.
- If any G.R.A.C.E. staff have issues or concerns with the operations of G.R.A.C.E., they are recommended to speak with their Operations Manager, CRRA, or Board of Directors of the program directly as a first step so that the issue may be resolved or mediated.
- All G.R.A.C.E. staff have the right to be treated without discrimination with their grievance.
- All G.R.A.C.E. staff members are able to fill out the grievance forms if the issue has not been resolved.
G.R.A.C.E. will attempt to resolve the issues within 1-3 business days, depending on the nature of the grievance.